Sunday, January 16, 2011

Da Bears

Dear Delilah,

I'm not going to claim that we're the Chicago Bears' good luck charms. Okay, I totally am.


Their win today means a re-match of epic proportions for the NFC Championship next weekend between one of the oldest rivalries in the NFL. It's always interesting being a Bears fan in a sea of cheddarheads, but never more than when the Packers and Bears are matched up. If I get my way, you and I will be sporting our Bears gear again next Sunday. Your father hasn't decided yet which team he'll be rooting for; (he's got a history of being indecisive when it comes to football) so there's a chance that there will be a battle of equally epic proportions as your father and I "discuss" whether you'll be donning your orange and navy or your green and gold.

I never really understood football until your daddy and I started dating. He made it his mission to enlighten me and make me fall in love with the game. Thanks to his patience, sense of humor, and creativity, he was successful in his endeavor. I live to make him regret it!

Love,

Mama

*****************
If you like this blog, and haven't already done so, please vote for 'Dear Delilah, Fine and Fair' on Babble's Top 50 Mom Blogs. Thanks for your support!

1 comment:

  1. I know I'll be rootin' for Da Bears! I still stand by my anti-packer teen self when I say that I will root for anyone but Green Bay.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...